JOB SEARCH SUPPORT
If you are looking for work or a better paying job, you can receive employment counseling support at Novato Human Needs Center, including:
- Help for filling out a job application
- Assistance for writing a resume and cover letter
- Information about online job postings to help you look for or apply for a job
- Assistance for setting up an email or LinkedIn account
- Coaching and training about how to handle a job application interview
- Information about other employment related support or job training services in the community
- Guidance about how to apply for educational or training scholarships
Most of our employment counselors are bilingual in Spanish and English. You can access this kind of support by talking with a case manager or scheduling an appointment with one of our volunteer employment counselors.
To support you in searching for a job, you are also invited to use our employment counseling hub during client service hours that includes several computers and access to a telephone, printer, fax, scanner and copy machine.
Last year, we assisted 175 people with employment and financial planning assistance.