Bilingual Administrative Coordinator
APPLICATION DEADLINE: until position is filled POSITION AVAILABLE: Immediately
|About the Novato Human Needs Center||Become part of a professional team in an environment that is flexible, supportive, and welcoming. This is an opportunity to work with underserved youth and families. Located in beautiful Novato/CA, Marin County, we value teamwork and collaboration, cultural competence, excellence, integrity, and learning and continuous improvement. Visit www.nhnc.org for more information on us. The Novato Human Needs Center has over four decades of successful experience in helping Novato’s low-income children, adults and seniors build a brighter future. The organization provides emergency food and rental assistance; job seeking and financial training programs to over 4,000 people annually. Individuals and families receive support and coaching from experienced case managers who help them access community, educational, housing and healthcare resources – giving them opportunities to break out of poverty and achieve self-supporting, successful lives.|
|Job Title:||Bilingual Administrative Coordinator|
|Status:||100% FTE, Non-exempt (40 hours per week), Monday-Friday, hours to be discussed. Sign-on bonus of $250 after three months of employment.|
|Starting Salary Range:||$41,600/year ($20/hour) DOE. Compensation package also includes: Kaiser/Sutter medical and Delta dental benefits, generous PTO, Employee Assistance Program, Vision, and childcare discount.|
|Reports to:||Administrative Manager|
|Purpose:||This position is responsible for coordinating the front administrative functions, cultivating relationships with clients and visitors, interpretation and translation to Spanish speaking families, coordination of facility rentals and food pantry activities, volunteer support, general operations and other functions requested by manager.|
|Essential Functions:||· Coordinate all front desk reception area functions such as the client information board, organize client information brochures, keep the lobby organized.
· Greet visitors, handle client and walk-in inquiries over the telephone and in person about agency services.
· Coordinate the Tuesday Food Pantry with a team of volunteers.
· Maintain internal spreadsheet, logs and Food Bank reporting.
· Perform administrative duties including filing, ordering office supplies, processing cash/check donations, processing credit card donations, typing correspondence, memos and reports, setting up and maintaining files and record systems, sorting mail, photocopying, answering and routing telephone calls, and scheduling appointments. Make bank deposits weekly (off-site).
· Operate telephone terminal and answer incoming telephone calls, transferring to the appropriate extension or voice mail. Maintain client sign-in log, arrival of visitors and deliveries received.
· Be responsible for ensuring that the Reception area is kept neat at all times.
· Duties also include data entry, and other clerical related tasks.
· Serve as the key front desk ambassador to greet and cultivate relationships with families, volunteers, contributors, community partners in a customer-service friendly way. Coordinate a front desk alternate when needed.
· Support interpretation and translation of materials for Spanish-speaking families as available.
· Ensure the front lobby area is inviting, clean, professional and in alignment with NHNC values including culturally competent. Serve on the Emergency Preparedness Committee to ensure the facility is safe.
· Coordinate the facility rentals, negotiate and oversee rental contracts, and book rooms for Center staff.
· Provide support to Case Managers.
· Be willing to cross-train with the Administrative Coordinator at the Novato Youth Center to provide back-up support for positions.
· Comply with the organization’s policies and procedures.
· Other special projects and duties as assigned by the Administrative Manager, Executive Director, and other managers as requested.
|Knowledge, skills & abilities|| Minimum 1-2 years experience as an Administrative Coordinator, including using a multi-line phone console. Knowledge of general office procedures.
§ Demonstrate exemplary customer service, strong communication and organization skills
§ Experience coordinating projects, multi-tasking or small services/programs
§ Able to work well with people, establish cooperative working relationships with staff and volunteers at all levels within and outside the organization.
§ Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
§ Intermediate in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; comfortable entering into databases.
§ Ability to communicate effectively and clearly both orally and in writing in English and Spanish.
§ Pleasant and professional telephone etiquette.
§ Strong organization and communication skills. Ability to execute written and oral instructions.
§ Ability to exercise good judgment and tact in dealing with clients.
|Education & Experience Requirements
|§ AA or BA Degree preferred. High school diploma or GED required.
§ Fluent in both English and Spanish.
Job may include walking up and down stairs, standing, lifting and moving small items of up to 25 lbs. Candidate must pass a live-scan background check, T.B. clearance test, and a pre-employment health exam. An applicant with a conviction, other than a minor traffic violation, including a misdemeanor and/or felony, will not receive background clearance.
|To apply for this position:||
Please submit your resume and cover letter by mail or e-mail (preferred) to:
Novato Human Needs Center